Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall Flavored cookies


A quick post is better than none at all, right? Work has me swamped again this week, so I am only making a brief visit to the blog for tonight. These cookies are simple to make, and they are a perfect representation of fall flavors. At first I wasn't sure how I would like chocolate chips with the pumpkin flavoring, but they added a richness to the otherwise light and cake-like cookies. They puff up nicely because of the pumpkin, so these cookies always end up looking really pretty. And if you're husband is bored and hungry, he can make them on his own (the pictures are from his batch!).

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
from an unknown online source (aka scrawled down a couple years ago and stuck in my recipe book)

Combine:
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

In a separate bowl, combine:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

In a small bowl, dissolve:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk


Mix all parts, then add:
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, until light brown and firm.


8 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Hey you - looks good - as always!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

What a fun combo. I wouldn't have thought of it.

suze said...

holy crap, that sounds delicious. and it's not just because i'm super hungry and should take my lunch break.

Laura in Paris said...

These cookies looks great - but I'm trying not to put on too many sweet calories right now ...

Sarah said...

I love chocolate chips in my pumpkin cookies. I usually throw in some butterscotch chips as well--heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful combination. I love pumpkin and chocolate together. Looks delicious!

Erin said...

I didn't expect this many responses for this recipe... but these cookies are so good, so I really shouldn't be surprised :) And they're so easy, but will still impress and please a crowd. I'm feeling all sorts of holiday spirit now!

Anonymous said...

may i email u my addy so you can mail me some! : =) i just love these cookies.