Monday, April 7, 2008

Pear Muffins

I had a few pears sitting around this weekend, so I decided muffins would be a tasty treat. They were a little dry, but I think that was because my oven is terrible and is always too hot. The pear taste was great, though! I will make these again, no doubt.



Low Fat Pear Muffins
From about.com


  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

  • 1/2 cup sugar

  • 1 tbsp baking powder

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

  • 1/2 tsp ginger

  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg

  • 3/4 cup non-fat milk

  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten

  • 2 tbsp canola oil

  • 1 large, ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and spices in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg and canola oil.


Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in chopped pear. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full, and bake for 20 minutes.


Makes 12 muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those muffins look drool-worthy!! I may have to try them! I've done banana, pumpkin,carrot, cheddar cheese, and oat muffins...but never pear!!