Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thanks, Oprah!

I Have lots to update, so I'm going to keep this to the point. I really like zucchini, and had some sitting in my fridge last weekend. I really wanted to do something new with it, and I settled on the idea of zucchini ribbons. So away to the internet I went, and this Oprah recipe is the one I chose to try. The recipe is for Zucchini Ribbons with Caramelized Spring Onions, but I just used regular onions since that's what I had in my kitchen. I've wanted to try a zucchini ribbon recipe for a while, so I figured this was the time to try. It was a tasty recipe, and a nice change from the sauteed zucchini I usually make.

The recipe is from Great Food in the May 2006 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.

The caramelized onions

I used a vegetable peeler for the ribbons


The final product. I served it with boiled red potatoes, and a tuna sandwhich with an albicore tuna steak. The tuna was just pan friend with olive oil, salt and pepper. So tasty!

No comments: