Saturday, February 9, 2008

The blueberry muffins I posted before this were delicious, but called for an ingredient I don't always have around... buttermilk. It's one of those ingredients that I buy, use once, and end up throwing out. But I was determined not to waste it this time, so I determined this morning that pancakes would be the perfect way to use my buttermilk. I googled "buttermilk pancake recipe", and this website was one of the first I saw. They were amazing! Super quick to make, and so light and fluffy. I followed the recipe exactly, and wouldn't change a thing. Enjoy!


Recipe:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons granulated white sugar

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1 cup buttermilk

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Mix dry ingredients. In separate bowl whisk wet ingredients. Add wet to dry, and whisk just until combined. It will be thick and lumpy. Cook on a griddle, being careful not to burn.

No comments: