Thursday, February 28, 2008

Adventures on Argyle

When I picked the name for my blog, I wanted it to be about eating in Chicago, not only cooking. There are so many amazing places to eat around this city, and I am going to try to show some of them in my blog. Last weekend, Joe and I wanted to get out of the house for a little while, and it was a decent enough day (maybe 3o degrees, which seems so warm!), so we decided to walk to the Asian neighborhood right near our apartment. The area focuses around Argyle street, and is a mix of Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, and other Asian cultures.



In this area there is a fantastic mix of stores, yet I seem to focus on the food everytime I'm there. The bakerys are filled with tasty looking cookies and pastries, and there are full roasted birds hanging from the windows of the BBQ places. It is not a trendy area, but for authentic ethnic cuisine it is a dream come true. If you check one of my first posts, sushi, you will see the ingredients that we picked up at a market in the area. If you are ever in Chicago, I really recommend shopping in this area. It's a great way to see the diversity that is so wonderful in a city this large. And yeah, the food's not bad either!



Food pictures are from Cafe Hoang. There are so many choices for where to eat, so we kind of randomly picked. I had Thai noodles w/ broccoli and tofu, and Joe had Vietnamese Duck soup. All for about $15, too!

No comments: