Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Best Lower Fat Cookies!

I decided to call these "lower" fat, because with the extra chocolate chips I add you can't just call them low fat. They are great, though, and I don't feel as guilty eating them as I would with other cookies. I don't know where my mom got this recipe, but I would be devastated if I ever lost the note card that it's written on! One time I had some extra peanut butter chips leftover from another recipe, and I found out they are amazing in these cookies!


Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies
from my mom!
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup crisco (I use the butter flavor)
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (that's what the recipe says... I do more like 1 1/2 cups , sometimes mixing choco and peanut butter chips.)
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, combine sugars, butter, crisco. Beat until light and fluffy. Add yogurt and vanilla, and blend well.
  3. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes (the are done before they are brown, especially in my horrible oven!) If you're using 2 cookie sheets, switch them halfway through baking.

I had to include the cute cookie jar that I got
on my most recent trip to the Netherlands.

No comments: